Friday, 10 June 2011

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

I thought I would let everyone into a little secret of mine (or is it?) about a way to keep your baby or toddler happy and contented for 5 minutes, and they will absolutely LOVE it.  You can sit and have a cup of tea and put your feet up in the knowledge that your child is having fun and learning at the same time.

The British Council Learn English Kids website has a fantastic selection of baby and toddlers favourite songs.  Maya can now tell me which one she wants on by using the actions from the song, which I find pretty amazing, and makes me laugh so much because she is so animated.  Here are some of her favourites:

If you're happy and you know it!
In the Jungles of Brazil 
Incy Wincey Spider - Expert at this one!
Old MacDonald - Maya has started humming this one in the morning in her cot....
Twinkle Twinkle
The Wheels on the Bus - this has to be her all time favourite, especially WAA, WAA, WAA, she loves doing this part.


The only problem is, this is what happens when I switch off the laptop, she is not a happy little bunny!


Lynne x

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes....Have a read of this post I wrote some time ago....

    http://www.educatedabroad.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-twist-on-old-song.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab resourc - I'll be checking those out tomorrow with Babyzoid - especially Wheels On a Bus which seems to have a magical calming effect on her!!!! xX

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beadzoid

    Brilliant, let me know how you get on then, and how much babyzoid likes it - I hope she does xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leaving a comment - it's good to talk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...